Sticky Whiskey Pork Belly with Kimchi Cabbage
For the Pork Belly:
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Cask & Crew Blended Rye Whiskey
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pork Belly sliced 1/4" thick
Combine all ingredients in an air tight Ziploc bag - mix to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
For the Cabbage:
- 1 head Napa or Green Cabbage
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Japanese Seven Spice (Togarashi) -can be found in most grocery stores in the Asian section or Spice aisle
Quarter cabbage and remove the core. Slice thinly by hand or on a mandolin. Place cut cabbage in bowl, add sea salt, toss to coat, set aside.
- Remove Pork Belly from refrigerator and allow to come to room temp.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Pork Belly, reserve the marinade.
- Cook pork belly for 4 min per side
- Add reserved marinade to pan, simmer on low for 2 min, turning the pork belly to coat. DO NOT WALK AWAY! Reduce heat if marinade begins to burn. Remove from pan, set aside.
- In a clean pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Add cabbage. Cook for 3-5 min to wilt the cabbage (less time if you prefer crunchier).
- Add cream, reduce for 1-2 min.
- Add butter, toss to coat cabbage
- Add Togarashi, toss to coat
Plate cabbage with Pork Belly on top. Garnish with thinly sliced radish or scallions (optional).