Ginger Whiskey Glazed Salmon
- 2- 6 oz pieces Wild Salmon (skin on)
- 1 head baby bok choy, quartered
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh or pickled ginger (optional for plating)
- 1/4 cup Cask & Crew Ginger Spice Whiskey
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- Add all marinate ingredients in a ziplock bag and shake vigorously to distribute honey. Add salmon. Marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator to bring close to room temp. and set aside.
- Quarter bok choy - oil and season. Place on heated skillet or griddle. Turn to cook sides evenly (2-3 min per side).
- At first turn of bok choy, heat another saute pan with 2 tbsp oilve oil to med-high.
- Add salmon and marinade to pan (skin side down).
- Cook each side 3 min or to your liking (5 min each side is well done), continue turning the bok choy.
- Remove salmon from pan, allow marinate to concentrate for 30 sec.
- Plate salmon, spoon sauce on top, finish with fresh ginger sticks or pickled ginger. Plate bok choy on side.