Drunken Onion Dip
- 5 TBL Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee Whiskey
- 1 TBL unsalted butter
- 6 slices bacon (thick cut)
- 1 Leek (white part only)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 - 16oz containers sour cream
- 1 - 16oz container of 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 TBL pepper
- 1 TBL smoked paprika
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Chives and cracked pepper for garnish
- Add butter to large skillet over low/med heat. Cut bacon into cubes, add to skillet.
- Cut leek in half then slice about 1/8” thick, cut again in quarters, chop till 1/8” thick.
- Cook bacon until slightly crisp, deglaze pan with 2 TBL Cask & Crew Walnut toffee whiskey, reduce by half.
- Add onions and leeks to pan, add 1t salt, stir. Allow onions to wilt and brown slightly stirring occasionally for about 20-25 min. (if onions begin to burn, reduce heat)
- Deglaze again with remaining 3TBL Cask & Crew Walnut toffee Whiskey. Reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, pepper, remaining 2 tsp salt, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire in large bowl. Once onion mixture has completely cooled, add to sour cream mixture. Stir to combine.
Garnish with chives and cracked black pepper. Serve with toasted baguette, pits chips, or veggies.