My Crew’s Whiskey Brownies
- 3 tbl Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee Whiskey, (can also use Rye Whiskey if you want less sweetness)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark or cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbl unsalted butter
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8X8 baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cube butter and chop dark chocolate. Combine in a saucepan, stirring over low heat until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar. The batter should be thick and grainy.
- One at a time, whisk in eggs completely. The batter should now be smooth and shiny..
- Whisk in Cask & Crew whiskey.
- Starting slow, sprinkle the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread mixture into the baking pan with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is cracked and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean.
Let cool completely on a wire rack.