Cask & Crew Caramel Corn
Sweet and crunchy, Cask & Crew Caramel Corn is easy to make and irresistible.
- 2 bags butter free microwave popcorn
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus ½ tsp reserved Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 1 cup red skinned peanuts or toasted walnuts (optional)
- Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popped popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee Whiskey, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda, reserved whiskey and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly. And nuts if using.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.