Bacon Me Crazy Shots
These unique jello shots are perfect for the holiday season! The homemade sweet and salty candied bacon pairs perfectly with the vanilla and caramel notes of Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee Whiskey.
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 5 ounces Cask & Crew Walnut Toffee Whiskey
- 12, 2-oz plastic cups with lids
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine ¼ cup brown sugar and ¼ TSP cayenne. Pour onto a plate and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then carefully flip the bacon over, then bake for another 5 minutes. (Watch the bacon so it doesn’t burn!) Remove from the oven.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate, coated in non-stick cooking spray, and let rest until cool.
- Once cool, chop the bacon into tiny pieces (think bacon sprinkles!) and set aside.
- Place the 12 plastic cups in a baking pan.
- Pour the 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into a medium mixing bowl. Add cold water and stir to combine. Let sit until all the gelatin has been absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and 2 tablespoons brown sugar to the gelatin mix and whisk until dissolved.
- Pour in 1/2 cup apple juice, stir to combine
- Pour the gelatine mixture into the plastic cups, distributing it evenly, and filling just about to the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours, or until the jello has set
- Once set, top off each jello shot with 1/2 teaspoon crumbled bacon on to each shot. Place a plastic lid on each cup and store in fridge until ready to serve.